premise: that as i enter the second half century of my life i am learning that choosing to live in a simple, uncluttered way will provide me with the opportunity to be happier than i am now. and if i believe nothing else it is that at my age .... i know more than i did at 25.
i am a middle aged wife and mum to a 4, 6 and 8 year old. i would be classified (yikes! if you believe in those sorts of things!) as a novice environmental evangelical permie. what do i believe? i believe in lots of things .... and here are a few.
this blog will no doubt morph from time to time .... but i hope to share how i am learning about a simple life .... in relationships, in the way i live and care for my friends and family.
- i believe that a simple life is a better life ... and it can begin at any age
- i believe that you and i are loved, yea cherished, by a loving and Almighty God who is the Grand Designer of our world (don't walk away ... you respect me, i'll respect you ... that's your challenge!)
- i believe that our Grand Designer made us stewards of this amazing planet and that we have screwed it up .... and it's time to redeem it .... square meter by square meter
- i believe that my children and husband are just about the most incredible gift i could have ever been given
- i believe in making mistakes ... BIG mistakes .... then learning from them!
- i believe in laughing ..... LOTS -- with my friends and family. laughing alone is ok .... but laughing with someone makes your heart smile!
i wish i would've learned about the fulfilment of simplicity when i was younger. but hey! let's not cry over spilt milk! i choose it now .... even at the ripe old age of 50 and 2 days!
my question to you is simple .... wanna come along for the ride?